Fancy working for Google?
You will join a team at Google and will be assigned to a manager for the duration of your 18-month apprenticeship.
You will start in October 2019 with our academic partner [Just IT], for initial training. After completing your initial training, you’ll rotate between being onsite at Google and training at Just IT for further training and experience, during your apprenticeship.
While onsite, you will have the opportunity to work alongside a team of Googlers (yes, that’s people working at Google!) to solve real life problems. You will get exposure to different roles across the company, including IT Support and Audio-Visual Engineering.
Additionally, you will learn how to apply problem solving skills to tackle real life challenges, pick up new technical skills such as troubleshooting multiple computing platforms and data gathering and analysis, automating repetitive tasks, learn about remote infrastructure and fleet management, IT security and policies, and other industry practices.
As part of the application process, please visit: https://careers.google.com/jobs/results/5346164058423296/
Applicants must apply on careers.google.com for their submissions to be considered.
Duties will include:
- Provide direct support for desktops, laptops, and mobile devices across multiple operating systems – ChromeOS, Mac, Linux, Windows, iOS and Android
- Provide basic corporate network infrastructure and server support
- Provide direct support for Google’s corporate resources and applications
- Undertake training and follow mentoring as specified
- Attend team meetings to keep colleagues informed and to create a forum for knowledge sharing