Software gives us our edge. It makes our thinking come alive in the real world. This option will show you how to design, build and test the ground-breaking software that delivers the wow. You’ll also learn how to integrate engineering principles which deliver superior analysis, development and built-in security.
For the first two years you will study the core range of subjects, with pathway specialism in years three and four. Modules are taught in week blocks at the University of Warwick and will be a mix of lectures, practical laboratories, seminars and tutorials. You will also have access to a Virtual Learning Environment for further support between blocks.
You’ll contribute to the business in your assigned role, as well as undertake additional study in your own time, to achieve your academic award. A network of apprentice tutors and line managers will regularly review your progress and offer advice along the way, to support you performing at your best.
There are 4 pathways within the Level 6 Digital and Technology Solutions Degree Apprenticeship:
- Software Engineering, in our Engineering and IT teams
- Software Engineering with Data, in our Engineering and Manufacturing teams
- Data Analytics with a variety of functions across our enterprise
- Network Engineering in our Engineering and IT teams
In year’s 1 and 2 you will cover modules in all 4 of the pathways and then in years 3 and 4 you will move into the Software Engineering pathway.
Specialism Modules (Year 1 & 2)
- Applied Maths-I, Information Business Management Operations, Network Protocols and Infrastructure, Personal Skills for Professional Excellence, Smart Solutions Development-I (Programming), Agile Project Management, Applied Maths-II, Cyber Risks in Organisations, Information Systems for Business Processes and Smart Solutions Development-II (Databases)