Pret A Manger believes in creating joy through freshly made food and organic coffee. In the mid-1980s, most sandwich bars for time-poor city workers in London were low-quality and poorly managed. Service standards were hit and miss, staff unengaged and the quality of ingredients varied immensely. Fed up with this, Julian Metcalfe and Sinclair Beecham started Pret A Manger with the promise of simple, delicious food, served by friendly, motivated staff.
30 years on, that passion is still true and embedded in every colleague at Pret. With menus of freshly made food full of incredible taste and flavours and coffee and milk that’s always organic and ethically sourced, everything is made and served by incredibly hardworking, energetic teams that create the special ‘Pret Buzz’.
At Pret, they believe that people constitute their most important ingredient. Genuine, fast-moving and positive Pret people bring the brand to life in every shop, every day, all around the world. Pret is also committed to sustainable sourcing and packaging and takes a strategic approach to reduce their impact on the environment and have a positive effect on the communities in which they work.
Some of the brilliant benefits of a Pret Apprenticeship include:
• Receive nationally recognised apprenticeship training whilst in a permanent role, with a salary of £14,500-£15,000 per year plus Mystery Shopper bonus.
• Grow confidence and life-skills on our enhanced programme that includes 4 experience days, seeing apprentices learn about sustainability, food safety and digital transformation.
• Free food (whilst you are working)
• Reward and Recognition event
• Evolve with our ‘Pret Apprenticeship Programme’ to accelerate into a future leader at Pret and many more.